Turkey Rolled with Ham and Mozzarella
|Turkey cutlets||1 Pound, pounded to 1/8-inch thickness|
|Ham||4 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Part skim mozzarella||5 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain low fat yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and finely chopped|
|Chopped sage/1 teaspoon dried sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted turkey/Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. On a clean and flat work surface,
3. Arrange the turkey slices, overlapping them to form a large rectangle.
4. Arrange the ham slices over the turkey slices.
5. Leaving a 3/4-inch border all around, arrange the cheese slices over the ham. Season with pepper.
6. Using a spatula to lift slightly, start rolling from the long sides, into a tight log.
7. Tuck in the ends to prevent the cheese from oozing out when cooking.
8. Brush the turkey log with yogurt, then coat with the bread crumbs to form a crust.
9. In a large, shallow baking dish, place the roll and generously dribble olive oil over it.
10. Bake the roll for 20 minutes till the meat is cooked and the crust is lightly browned.
11. Remove the roll from the oven and let it rest for 5-7 minutes until the melted cheese firms up.
12. In the mean time, prepare the sauce.
13. In a small saucepan, combine the scallions and white wine and reduce the liquid to half, about 2 tablespoons.
14. Add the tomato, sage, stock and salt and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
15. Slice the turkey roll into 2 inch thick slices.
16. Arrange the slices on a heated serving platter.
17. Spoon the sauce over the slices and garnish with fresh sage or parsley.
18. Serve with a watercress salad.