Buffet Glazed Ham
|Canned boneless ham||1 (Ready To Eat)|
|For currant glaze|
|Currant jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For della robbia crown|
|Marzipan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Ask your meatman to slice the ham into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then return it to its original shape, and tie it securely with string. (Or you can slice the ham yourself, with a sharp carving knife, a day ahead.) Place ham in a large, shallow, baking pan.
2. Bake in slow oven (325°) for 1 1/2 hours.
3. While ham bakes, prepare currant glaze: Combine jelly, lemon juice and pumpkin-pie spice in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, just until well blended.
4. Spread part of glaze over top of ham. Continue baking, basting with more glaze, 30 minutes longer, or until ham is richly glazed.
5. Place ham on a heated serving platter; cut away strings. Garnish top of ham with a Delia Robbia Crown of Marzipan Fruits and pecan halves, then circle with watercress.