Tongue Or Ham And Potato Scallop
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh peas/1 cup frozen peas from a 1 1/2 pound bag||1 Pound, shelled|
|Cooked tongue slices/Ham||8|
|White corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water in a large saucepan 20 minutes, or until tender; drain. Cool till easy to handle; peel and slice; place in large bowl; add onions.
2. While potatoes cook, melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan; stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, just until bubbly.
3. Stir in milk; continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in mayonnaise or dressing, 3 teaspoons of the mustard and the Worcestershire sauce.
4. Pour hot sauce over potatoes and onions; toss lightly until potatoes are coated. Spoon onto a large, ovenproof platter or 8-cup baking dish.
5. Cook the peas in boiling salted water in a small saucepan 5 minutes; drain.
6. Overlap meat in a ring on potatoes; spoon peas into center.
7. Mix corn syrup and remaining 1 teaspoon mustard in a cup; brush over meat.
8. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are hot and the meat is lightly glazed.