Ham And Cheese Surprise
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|Coarse grain mustard||1 Teaspoon (As Needed)|
|Cocktail rye bread slices||48|
|Ham||3⁄4 Pound, shaved, baked or boiled, trimmed to fit bread|
|Sauerkraut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained and squeezed dry|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shaved|
1) Preheat oven to 425Â°F.
2) Line 2 cookie sheets with foil; lightly brush each with 1 tablespoon butter.
3) Smear mustard on one side of each bread slice.
4) Place 24 bread slices, mustard side up, on cookie sheets.
5) Place ham on each slice, along with 1 tablespoon sauerkraut, and cheese.
6) Cover with remaining bread slices.
7) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until bottoms are browned.
8) Remove the baking sheet from the oven and scrape off any melted cheese from foil.
9) Using spatula carefully flip the sandwiches.
10) Return to the oven and bake 5 minutes.
11) Serve Ham And Cheese Surprise warm with a small mixed salad if desired.