Ham And Asparagus
|Asparagus spears/One 10 ounce package frozen asparagus spears, cooked||1 Pound, cooked (About 16)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boiled ham slice||1 1⁄4 Pound (4 Slices)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread slices||2 , toasted|
1. Prepare asparagus and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher in microwave oven (about 30 seconds at High). Stir in flour. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly. Cook uncovered 4 minutes at High, or until thick; stir after each minute.
3. Beat egg yolks and stir into sauce. Add salt and dry mustard; stir.
4. Wrap 4 cooked asparagus spears in each slice of ham. Lay ham rolls in a 1 1/2-quart glass baking dish and pour sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with waxed paper.
5. Heat in microwave oven to serving temperature (5 to 6 minutes at Medium-High).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1467 Calories from Fat 675
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.7%
Saturated Fat 29 g145.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 487.5 mg162.5%
Sodium 1834.8 mg76.4%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 110 g220.4%
Vitamin A 79% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 67.5% Iron 44.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet