Baked Ham With Maraschino Cherries
|Fully cooked smoked ham||10 Pound (Canned Or Half Ham)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned sliced pineapple||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. Set ham fat-side-down on a microwave-oven-safe roast rack set in an 8-inch square or a 2-quart glass baking dish. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven for one-half of cooking time.
2. After one-half of cooking time is completed, turn ham over fat-side-up. Cook covered in microwave oven until 10 minutes before minimum recommended time is completed.
3. Mix brown sugar, flour and mustard in a small bowl. Stir in vinegar.
4. Remove ham from oven. Spread brown sugar mixture over ham. Arrange pineapple slices and cherries on ham and press firmly into glaze. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 10 minutes at Medium-High, or if using Temperature Probe, set at 115°F and at Medium-High.
5. Remove from oven. Cover meat with foil and let stand 20 minutes for heat to equalize; during this time internal temperature will rise.