Ham In Rye Crust
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caraway seed||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rye flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned full cooked ham||1|
1. For dough, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water and add caraway seed; let stand 10 minutes.
2. Stir in 3/4 cup water, molasses, and half of the flour.
3. Turn out dough onto floured surface. Knead in remaining flour to make a stiff dough. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rest 20 minutes.
4. Mix brown sugar with mustard and cloves.
5. Remove gelatin and wipe ham with paper towels.
6. Roll out dough on a floured surface to form a 28 x 10-inch rectangle.
7. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon brown sugar mixture in center of dough. Place ham on sugar mixture. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over top of ham.
8. Fold dough over top of ham, cutting out corners to fit with only one layer of dough. Pinch edges to seal.
9. Set dough-wrapped ham on rack in pan lined with foil.
10. Roast at 350°F 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 140°F. Remove from oven; let rest 10 minutes.