Roast Fresh Ham
|Fresh ham||6 Pound|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow onions||3 , chopped|
|Carrots||6 , sliced|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Place the ham in a roasting pan and bake in a 300°F oven for 45 minutes.
2. Remove the ham from the oven and cut off the rind. Slit through the fat down to the meat in a lattice pattern.
3. Mix salt, dry mustard, and pepper and rub the ham with the mixture. Arrange the vegetables around the ham and return to the oven.
4. Bake for another 45 minutes. Add the beef stock mixed with soy and salt.
5. Continue roasting until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham registers 1 85° (about 4 to 5 hours total).
6. Make the sauce: strain the pan juices (there should be). Add the flour and bring the sauce to a boil while beating. Let boil for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if desired.