Glazed Ham & Squash
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Acorn squash||1 1⁄2|
|Fully cooked center cut ham||8 Ounce (1 Inch Thick)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange slices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Place butter or margarine in a 'small bowl. Microwave butter or margarine at 100% (high) 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in syrup and spices; set aside.
2. Place whole squash in an 8-inch-square baking dish. Microwave at 100% (high) 2 minutes.
3. Pierce squash in several places with a large fork; turn squash over. Microwave at 100% (high) 5 to 6 minutes or until tender, turning squash after 2 to 3 minutes. Slice squash into 1/2-inch rings; discard seeds. Set squash aside.
4. Slash fat edges of ham at 1-inch intervals to prevent curling during cooking. Place ham in same baking dish. Pour orange juice over ham; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave at 100% (high) 3 minutes.
5. Turn ham slice over. Microwave, covered, at 30% ( medium low ) 2 minutes. Pour off pan juices.
6. Peel banana; halve crosswise. Add squash rings and banana to baking dish. Drizzle with syrup mixture. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave at 30% ( medium low ) 5 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with orange slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2110 Calories from Fat 483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.1%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g114.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.4 mg81.8%
Sodium 250 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 354 g118.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.7 g82.7%
Sugars 180.2 g
Protein 72 g143.6%
Vitamin A 94.6% Vitamin C 277.3%
Calcium 48.3% Iron 64.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet