Halibut With Red Pepper Butter
|For red pepper butter|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce (1/4 cup / 60 gram, at room temperature)|
|Sweet red pepper||3 Tablespoon, chopped, roasted and peeled|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Halibut steaks||32 Ounce (4 pieces, 8 ounce / 250 gram each, 1 inch thick)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Prepare red pepper butter by combining the butter with the roasted pepper, chili powder, pepper flakes, and salt. Beat the mixture well by hand till you have a homogenous paste.
2. Shape the butter into a rough log that is approximately 2 inches (5 cm) long and 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter. Wrap it with foil and chill till firm.
3. Prepare a fire in the grill and place an oiled baking tray in the oven 4-6 inches away from the heat.
4. Rub the fish with salt and pepper and brush over with oil
5. Place the fish on the rack and grill for 10 minutes. Ensure that you turn the fish during the cooking process to prevent it from burning. When the fish turns opaque it is done.
6. Transfer the fish to a serving dish
7. Serve hot with pepper butter sprinkled over the top of the fish.