Halibut With Sherry
|Halibut flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl, prepare a mixture of bread crumbs and butter.
3. In a saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter or margarine and add flour and salt to it; mix well.
4. Gradually pour milk into the saucepan and cook with constant stirring until the liquid becomes smooth and thickens.
5. Add onion, celery salt, lemon rind, parsley, green pepper, and pimiento to the saucepan.
6. In a cup, mix a little tabasco with the egg and pour into the saucepan with constant stirring.
7. Add fish flakes and sherry to the saucepan and mix.
8. Divide the mixture into serving portions and pour into casserole dishes.
9. Top each casserole with bread crumb and butter mixture.
10. Bake the dish for 10-15 minute until the surface becomes brown.
11. Serve hot.