Halibut Au Gratin
|Halibut steaks||3 Pound (1 Steak Of 1 1/2-2 Inches Thick)|
|Fish stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Take a large baking dish and put the halibut in it.
3. Add some fish stock or even some water just to cover the fish completely.
4. Cover the baking dish using buttered foil paper and place the dish in the preheated oven for just about 20 minutes or until the fish flakes.
5. Once done, remove the fish and drain it.
6. Take a hot ovenproof serving dish and arrange the drained fish.
7. Use cheesecloth to drain the fish liquid.
8. Take a saucepan and melt some butter. Add a little flour and cook for just about 2 minutes.
9. Slowly stir the fish liquid and some milk in the saucepan. Bring it to boil and keep on cooking over low heat for about 2 minutes.
10. Use some salt and freshly ground pepper to season the fish.
11. Separately, beat some egg yolks lightly in cream and add in the hot sauce. Keep stirring the egg until the fish is added.
12. Sprinkle grated cheese on the top of the sauce and place the dish in hot broiler till the cheese becomes bubbly brown.
13. Serve the dish with some broccoli spears and buttered new potatoes.