Sweet and Sour Halibut
|Halibut steaks/Cod steaks||32 Ounce (4 Pieces, 8 Ounce Or 225 Gram Each)|
|Medium sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Demerara sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and sliced|
|Spring onion tassels||4 (For The Garnish:)|
|Watercress sprigs||8 (For The Garnish:)|
1) In a baking tin, arrange a single layer of halibut steaks.
2) In a bowl, mix sherry, juices, soy sauce with sugar and little salt and pepper.
3) Pour the mixture over the fish and keep it aside with marinade for 1 hour while turning once in between.
4) In a grill pan lined with foil, place the drained halibut staeks and cook over moderate temperature for 7-8 minutes from all the sides.
5) After cooking you may remove the fish skin, if liked.
6) In a warm plate, place the grilled fish and keep it hot.
7) In a samll saucepan, transfer the fish marinade.
8) Boil the marinade and let it be on low heat for a minute.
9) Mix the water chestnut into the marinade and cook gently for further 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens.
10) Adjust the taste of the sauce by adding seasoning.
11) Quickly pour the sauce over the warm fish and serve at once.
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.6 mg24.2%
Sodium 970 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 49 g97.9%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet