Sweet And Sour Halibut
|Halibut steaks/Cod steaks||32 Ounce (4 Pieces, 8 Ounce Or 225 Gram Each)|
|Medium sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Demerara sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and sliced|
|Spring onion tassels||4 (For The Garnish:)|
|Watercress sprigs||8 (For The Garnish:)|
1) In a baking tin, arrange a single layer of halibut steaks.
2) In a bowl, mix sherry, juices, soy sauce with sugar and little salt and pepper.
3) Pour the mixture over the fish and keep it aside with marinade for 1 hour while turning once in between.
4) In a grill pan lined with foil, place the drained halibut staeks and cook over moderate temperature for 7-8 minutes from all the sides.
5) After cooking you may remove the fish skin, if liked.
6) In a warm plate, place the grilled fish and keep it hot.
7) In a samll saucepan, transfer the fish marinade.
8) Boil the marinade and let it be on low heat for a minute.
9) Mix the water chestnut into the marinade and cook gently for further 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens.
10) Adjust the taste of the sauce by adding seasoning.
11) Quickly pour the sauce over the warm fish and serve at once.