Planked Halibut Dinner
|Halibut||4 (fresh or thawed frozen)|
|Butter stick||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Frozen green peas||10 Ounce (1 package)|
|Tiny carrots||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Au gratin potato puffs||8 (for garnish)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Parsley||3 (for garnish)|
|Lemon wedges||3 (for garnish)|
1. Put halibut steaks into a large glass baking dish.
2. Melt butter in a small glass dish in microwave oven (about 30 seconds at HIGH). Mix in olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and dry seasonings. Drizzle over halibut. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 6 1/2 to 8 1/2 minutes at BAKE, or until fish flakes easily.
3. Meanwhile, halve zucchini lengthwise and scoop out center portion. Place zucchini halves back together and cook in microwave oven in a covered glass casserole 5 to 7 minutes at HIGH, or until tender.
4. Cook peas in microwave oven following directions in Frozen Vegetable Cooking Chart; drain.
5. Turn carrots with liquid into a small glass bowl. Heat uncovered in microwave oven 2 to 3 minutes at HIGH; stir once. Drain.
6. Prepare Au Gratin Potato Puffs.
7. Arrange halibut on wooden plank and border with zucchini halves filled with peas, the carrots and potato puffs.
8. Dot peas and carrots with butter. Place under conventional broiler with top of food 4 to 6 inches from heat just until potato puffs are browned. Sprinkle carrots with chopped parsley.
9. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and lemon wedges arranged on a skewer.