1. If the fish is frozen, thaw it to room temperature.
2. If you can not find a bottled low salt Greek herb seasoning, make a mixture of 1 tablespoon thyme, in tablespoon oregano and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
4. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Drizzle olive oil and heat.
5. Pat the fish fillet dry with a paper towel then place it skin side down and sprinkle generously with the herb mixture.
6. Carefully lift and place the fish fillet, skin side up and herb crust side down, in the pan. Sear the fish for a minute or two.
7. Using a slicer, or pancake turner, carefully lift the fish and transfer it, skin side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil.
8. Top the fish with feta, spinach, olives and tomatoes.
9. Bake in the hot oven for 7 to 10 minutes, keeping a check on it, until fish flakes easily.
10. Lift the fillet and plate.
11. Serve with a green salad on the side.
This on one of those fun easy fish dishes, few steps, one pan and much healthier than those beer battered or breaded versions that go into the deep fryer. Crusted with Greek herbs and pan seared before being topped with soft fresh feta cheese, blanched spinach, Kalamata olives, and cherry tomatoes and finished in the oven, this baked haddock is a gorgeous, colorful, flavorful piece of fish on a plate that will surely transport you to Greece!!
Greek-Style Herb Crusted Baked Haddock Recipe Video