Savory Haddock Crumble
|Haddock fillets||1 1⁄4 Pound (515 g)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (275 ml)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 g)|
|Flour||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoons)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Fresh parsley||30 Milliliter, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce (60 g)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (110 g)|
|Rolled oats||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Parmesan cheese||15 Milliliter, finely grated (1 tablespoon)|
1. Preheat oven to 180° C, gas mark 5.
2. Rinse the haddock.
3. Poach haddock in the milk with the bay leaf and peppercorns for about 7 minutes until just cooked.
4. Strain and reserve the milk.
5. Skin and flake the fish.
6. To make the topping, rub the butter into the flour.
7. Add oats and Parmesan cheese to the mixture.
8. Season lightly.
9. In a saucepan melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook gently for 2 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and gradually stir in the poaching milk. Cook while stirring.
11. Bring the mixture to the boil then simmer for 1 minute.
12. Remove the pan from heat.
13. Add the lemon juice, parsley and flaked fish to the mixture.
14. Add Season salt to taste.
15. Take an oven proof dish and pour the sauce into it. Bake for 30 minutes.
18. Serve savoury haddock crumble immediately with garnish.
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.7%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.4 mg25.1%
Sodium 513.7 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet