Smoked Haddock and Spinach
|Frozen spinach leaves||1 Pound|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded, chopped|
|Top of the milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Smoked haddock||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 4 pieces|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Defrost the spinach.
2) Into a microwavable container, add in the defrosted spinach, chopped red pepper, salt and pepper.
3) In a bowl, mix the cornflour with milk to form a smooth paste.
4) Add in the cornflour paste into the spinach mixture.
5) Add in a bit of butter. Cover the dish and microwave for 5 minute, while stirring once in between.
6) Let the mixture stand for a few minutes.
7) Meanwhile, arrange the smoked haddock in a shallow, microwavable dish. Sprinkle it with pepper and a dot of butter, if desired.
8) Cover the dish and microwave for 5 minutes or longer, depending on how thick your slices are.
9) To serve, make a bed of the spinach mixture on the serving plate. Place the haddock pieces neatly over the spinach.
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.6 mg41.5%
Sodium 1273.8 mg53.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 41 g81.4%
Vitamin A 291.5% Vitamin C 77.7%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet