Smoked Haddock En Coquilles
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 gram)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 gram)|
|White coating sauce||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter)|
|Prepared english mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Smoked haddock fillets||10 Ounce, poached, skinned and flaked (275 milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, grated (25 gram)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||15 Gram|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2. In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add the mushrooms; fry for about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the white sauce, mustard, fish and pepper.
4. Divide the mixture equally between 4 buttered scallop shells or individual ovenproof dishes and sprinkle with the grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
5. To freeze: cool quickly.
6. Open (flash) freeze until firm, then wrap individually in freezer bags or foil.
7. To freeze: wrap in a freezer bag or foil; seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
8. To thaw and serve: remove wrappings and thaw at room temperature for 1 hour.
9. Dot with the remaining butter and reheat in the oven at 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.
10. Garnish the top of the mousse with grated cheese before serving.
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.4%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 30.3 mg10.1%
Sodium 553.8 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 18 g35.8%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet