Smoked Haddock En Coquilles
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 gram)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 gram)|
|White coating sauce||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter)|
|Prepared english mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Smoked haddock fillets||10 Ounce, poached, skinned and flaked (275 milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, grated (25 gram)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||15 Gram|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2. In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add the mushrooms; fry for about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the white sauce, mustard, fish and pepper.
4. Divide the mixture equally between 4 buttered scallop shells or individual ovenproof dishes and sprinkle with the grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
5. To freeze: cool quickly.
6. Open (flash) freeze until firm, then wrap individually in freezer bags or foil.
7. To freeze: wrap in a freezer bag or foil; seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
8. To thaw and serve: remove wrappings and thaw at room temperature for 1 hour.
9. Dot with the remaining butter and reheat in the oven at 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.
10. Garnish the top of the mousse with grated cheese before serving.