Baked Haddock, New England Style
|Haddock||3 1⁄2 Pound, cleaned (Head And Tail Removed)|
|Seasoned salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted crackers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped washed|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1. Wash fish in cold water and pat the fish dry. Use a sharp knife to carefully remove bones, keeping fish joined down back.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Line a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan with foil; butter foil.
4. Sprinkle the inside of the boned fish with 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, dash pepper, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Fold fish lengthwise. Place in prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, dash pepper, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
6. Prepare the topping in a medium bowl, combine crushed crackers, mushrooms, green onions, parsley, seasoned salt, and pepper; mix.
7. Pour on butter and lemon juice; toss until well combined. Spoon over fish in a 3-inch-wide layer.
8. Arrange bacon slices diagonally over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes while basting every 10 minutes with pan juices, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
9. Carefully lift fish to heated serving platter and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.