Savory Haddock Crumble
|Haddock fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound (700 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Eggs||2 , hardboiled and chopped|
|Capers||1 Ounce, drained (25 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Plain wheatmeal flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Put the haddock, milk, salt and pepper into a shallow ovenproof dish, Cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 6-8 minutes until the haddock is cooked and flakes easily.
2. Strain the milk from the haddock into a measuring jug and make up to 300 ml (1/2 pint) with a little more milk, if necessary.
3. Skin and flake the haddock, removing the bones.
4. Put 25 g (1 oz) of the butter into a shallow ovenproof serving dish and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds until the butter melts. Add the onion and cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 4-7 minutes until the onion softens.
5. Stir in the plain flour and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the measured milk then microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds and then whisk well. Microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes until boiling, whisking every minute. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir in the fish, egg and capers, if using.
6. To make the crumble topping, rub the remaining 50 g (2 oz) butter into the wheatmeal flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the oats and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fish mixture. Microwave on HIGH for 9-10 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minures before serving, garnished with parsley.