Tasty Baked Haddock
|Smoked haddock||150 Gram (4*150 grams per serving)|
|Yeats country organic milk||500 Milliliter|
|Butter||50 Gram, melted (for coating the fish)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Liter|
|Butter||50 Gram (for the sauce)|
|Yeats country soft cheese or cr me fraiche||75 Milliliter|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Seasonal potatoes||4 Ounce, mashed|
1. Boil and mash seasonal potatoes.
2. Add chopped spring onions to the mashed potatoes and keep aside.
3. Grease a large oven-proof dish with oil, place the smoked haddock half full of the dish.
4. Pour in enough milk to cover the fish, brush some melted butter over the fish, and sprinkle little black pepper powder.
5. Bake the smoked haddock in a medium oven at 170C/325F/Gas Mark 4 for about 12-15 minutes, until the
fish breaks when touched.
6. While the fish is cooking prepare the sauce.
7. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, stir in the flour, salt, seasoning and let it cook on a low flame for 3 minutes, stirring until it becomes a “roux”, the base of your sauce.
8. Once the fish is baked, pour the cooked milk from the oven dish into the roux, stirring at the same time.
9. Cook the above mixture for about 5 minutes until the roux becomes a thick sauce.
10. Meanwhile, peel off the skin of the haddock, shred it into small pieces and scatter it around the oven dish.
11. Before pouring the sauce on the haddock pieces, add yeats creamed cheese to the sauce and mix well for a smooth and velvety flavour.
12. Now pour a layer of the sauce over the fish pieces, just enough to cover it.
13. Add a generous layer of chopped spring onions and mashed potato mixture onto the fish pieces.
14. Place it back in the oven and bake it for about 15 minutes approximately or until top is lightly golden and sauce is hot and bubbly.
15. Serve the baked smoked haddock on a serving plate, garnished with extra cheese sauce and a few sprigs of chopped parsley.
Baked smoked haddock can also be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge until required. For this, you will need to bake the dish for approximately 30minutes in the oven.
No need to use any lemon juice before baking as the smoked haddock already has its flavours.
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.1%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.7 mg24.6%
Sodium 487 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g92.6%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 41.9%
Calcium 52.4% Iron 141.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet