|Avocado||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Lime||1 (Use Grated Zest And Juice)|
|Tomatoes||2 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Green chili||1 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. With a fork, prick the eggplant all over.
3. Roast the eggplant for 30 to 40 minutes in the hot oven, until the skin is wrinkles and lightly charred and the flesh is soft.
4. Remove from the oven and cover with a damp cloth. Leave to cool for about 1 hour.
5. When cooled, peel and discard the skin of the eggplant.
6. Coarsely chop the flesh and add to a food processor jar.
7. Blend the eggplant to a smooth paste.
8. In a small bowl, toss the avocado with lime juice and rind.
9. Add and mix the remaining ingredients except the olive oil and paprika.
10. Tip the eggplant paste into the bowl and blend well.
11. Spoon the dip into a serving dish.
12. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle a pinch of paprika.
13. Serve the guacamole with tortilla chips, crackers or hot buttered toasts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.9%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 428.2 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 34.8 g139.1%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 12 g25%
Vitamin A 62.9% Vitamin C 166.8%
Calcium 13% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet