|Chopped green chilies||2 (Canned Peeled Green Chilies)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Mash the soft avocados with a fork.
2. Mix it with green chilies. Remove the tiny seeds of the chilies until the desired zesty flavor is attained.
3. Add salt and lime juice. The proportion and amount of these ingredients will largely depend on the size of the avocados.
4. For long term use –store the avocados in the avocado pit after covering it tightly with plastic wrap. This prevents the guacamole from darkening.
5. Spicy version of the dish can be prepared by using Serrano chili or chopped Jalapeno in place of the green chilies.
6. The flavor of the dish can be adjusted by adding traditional tomatoes and finely chopped onion.
7. Serve it over chopped roasted peanuts, crumbled crisp bacon, paper-thin strips of flavorful ham and coarsely chopped toasted filberts. Or serve after spooning it into the avocado halves or serve it atop the shredded lettuce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 816 Calories from Fat 614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.9%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2943.9 mg122.7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 33.9 g135.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 179.2%
Calcium 7% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet