4 Tablespoon (2 tbsp. for the milk mixture and rest for the glazing)
Mild cheddar cheese
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a crockpot pour in water, stir in cornmeal and sea salt. Cook for 6 hours.
2. In a bowl take Cajun seasoning, old bay, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle the mixture over shrimp and rub with your hands.
4. For Glazing Mixture – In a jar take chicken broth; pour in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic. Whisk well.
5. Heat a sauce pan, pour in milk and add butter and cheddar cheese.
6. Add in grit in the milk mixture and let it cook for 10 minutes.
7. In a skillet pour in oil and place shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes flipping in between. Take out the shrimp from the skillet.
8. In same skillet add in glazing mixture.
9. Add in green onions and red bell pepper, add in butter and mix well.
10. Place the shrimp again in the skillet. Coat with glazing mixture.
11. In a serving plate ladle some grit, top it with shrimp and serve.