Sliced Cheese Grits
|Quick cooking grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Shredded swiss cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Lightly grease a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan
2. Preheat the oven to 400°
3. Combine the grits, milk, butter and salt in a double boiler. In the lower container, bring water to a boil.
4. Cook this mixture over boiling water for 20 to 30 minutes till the grits are thick. Add additional water to lower bowl if required
5. Spoon the grits mixture into the baking pan and then let the pan stand at room temperature till it can be cut into 12 slices
6. Place the slices in an overlapping pattern in a in a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish.
7. Pour melted butter over grits and sprinkle with cheese.
8. Bake it for 25 minutes
9. Serve hot.