Cheesy Apple Grits
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Quick cooking grits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Apple||1 Medium, cored, cut into wedges|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2) In a medium saucepan, add in water, sugar and salt. Let the mixture come to a boil.
3) Add in the grits. Stir well.
4) Cover the pan. Turn down the flame to simmer for 6 minutes, till it becomes thick. Keep stirring in between.
5) Take the pan off the heat. Add in cheese, milk and egg. Stir to mix.
6) Transfer the mixture into the pie plate.
7) Place the apple wedges over the pie. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon powder.
8) Bake for 40 minutes till the grits set.
9) Allow the grits to rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
10) Serve the Cheesy Apple Grits hot for breakfast.