So, any Southerner likes their grits. And if they don’t like their grits, they ain’t never had my cheese grits! People that hate grits, love my grits.
Stone ground white corn grits
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Whole jalapeno pepper
8 Cup (128 tbs)
Philadelphia cream cheese
Sharp cheddar cheese
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (or cheese of your choice)
1. In a pan, bring water to a boil; slowly add in your grits, whisking continuously.
2. Reduce the heat, cover, and allow to cook, for about 20 minutes or until it thickens, stirring occasionally.
3. In a pan, dry roast jalapeno, turning it on all sides until the sides are blistered and brown.
4. Cut the hot pepper lengthwise, remove the seeds and white pith and dice them.
5. Add the diced peppers to the grits and stir.
6. Take the grit mixture off the heat and add in cream cheese, grated cheese and salt.
7. Serve hot, as it is or with grilled chicken or sautéed spinach if desired.
If you like to make this dish more spicy, use the jalapeno with seeds.
Pep up your meal with some killer cheesy jalapeno corn grits. See this video that shares this really quick and super simple recipe. The video is wonderfully presented and Katie makes the recipe all the more interesting. Give it a try with sauteed kale or spinach and grilled chicken. Check it out...