Baked Cheese Grits
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Regular grits||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded medium sharp cheddar cheese||1 Pound, divided (4 Cups)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to 350°F.
2) Take a pan and boil water along with salt.
3) Add the grits and cook them according to the instructions give on package.
4) Remove the pan from heat.
5) Take a bowl and mix the butter and 3 ¾ cups of cheese by stirring well until it melts.
6) Add a small quantity of hot grits to the eggs and mix well.
7) Combine the egg mixture with rest of the grits.
8) Take a baking dish measuring 2 ½ quart and grease it lightly.
9) Pour the grits into it and sprinkle with rest of the cheese measuring ¼ cup.
10) Place in pre-heated oven and bake for an hour and 15 minutes.
11) Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3584 Calories from Fat 2260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 255 g392.7%
Saturated Fat 160.2 g800.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1362.3 mg454.1%
Sodium 7987.5 mg332.8%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g59.9%
Dietary Fiber 11 g43.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 136 g272.5%
Vitamin A 200.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 335.8% Iron 58.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet