Garlic Cheese Grits
|Sharp cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (Yellow)|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, minced|
|Quick cooking grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Grate enough cheese in a food processor with steel blade, to measure about 1 1/2 cups
2) In a saucepan, boil about 3 cups of water with salt, over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic.
3) Boil the mixture and lower the heat. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
4) Now, cut butter in small cubes. Pour milk and add butter pieces to the pan. Also add 2 tablespoons cheese and blend well.
5) Garnish grits with reserved cheese and transfer to 4 dinner plates.