Garlic Cheese Grits
|Sharp cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (Yellow)|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, minced|
|Quick cooking grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Grate enough cheese in a food processor with steel blade, to measure about 1 1/2 cups
2) In a saucepan, boil about 3 cups of water with salt, over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic.
3) Boil the mixture and lower the heat. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
4) Now, cut butter in small cubes. Pour milk and add butter pieces to the pan. Also add 2 tablespoons cheese and blend well.
5) Garnish grits with reserved cheese and transfer to 4 dinner plates.
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.1 mg26.7%
Sodium 526.1 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 15 g29.5%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 0.46%
Calcium 33.9% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet