1. In a large mixing bowl, place shrimps, drizzle lemon juice and tobasco sauce and toss to combine.
2. In a saucepan, boil water, add grits gradually, whisking constantly. Cook it on medium-low heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add butter, cheese and a dash of tosbasco sauce to the grits mixture.
4. In a heated skillet, transfer bacon, cook for about 5 minutes, until brown but not crisp. Add onion, red bell pepper, celery and garlic, saute for 5 to 10 minutes until nicely wilted.
5. Add green onion and flour, cook on medium low heat for another 5 minutes.
6. Pour in chicken stock, and cook further 5 minutes.
7. Add shrimp mixture and stir to incorporate. Season with Worcestershire sauce. Saute for another 4 to 5 minutes.
8. In serving plate, pour the grits mixture, top with the shrimp gravy and serve.
If you can get fresh shrimps, try making this Easy shrimp and grits recipe with chef Scott. His recipe is very simple yet he takes extra care to make sure the taste of shrimps is not over powered by bacon which is also a key ingredient in this dish. He curries the shrimps with chopped tomatoes, celery and garlic. Shrimps served over grits makes a delicious meal to serve yourself or your family.