Braised Celery with Walnuts
|Celery head||1 , trimmed, washed and cut into 1 1/2 inch slanting sticks|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 grams /1/4 cup)|
|Broken shelled walnuts||2 Ounce (50 grams /1/2 cup)|
|Lemon||1 , rind coarsely grated|
1. In a pot blanch the celery in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
2. In a pan add half of the butter and cook the onions till soft.
3. Add the celery to the onion and saute gently for 5-10 minutes until tender but still crisp.
4. In a pan fry the walnuts in the remaining butter for 1-2 minutes until crisp.
5. Put everything in a bowl, add the lemon rind, season and toss well.
6. Serve at room temperature or chilled(add the walnuts while serving if chilled).