Celery Au Gratin
|Sliced celery||6 Cup (96 tbs) (About 2 Bunches)|
|Sharp processed cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Coarse soft bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From 4 Slices)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Shred cheddar cheese to measure 1 ½ cups, and cut the remaining into cubes and keep them aside.
3. Take a medium -sized saucepan and boil the salted water in it. Add celery and cook for about 14 minutes until the celery turns soft and crispy. Drain the celery.
4. Take a medium-sized saucepan and melt butter or margarine in it. Take out 4 tbsp measure of butter and spoon it over bread crumbs in a small bowl. Toss the breadcrumbs lightly to mix.
5. Add salt, flour and pepper into the melted butter in saucepan and cook until the mixture turns bubbly. Add milk and continue cooking constantly until the sauce thickens and boil for another minute.
6. Stir the shredded cheddar into the sauce and cook until melted. Gradually add celery and Parmesan cheese. Spoon the mixture into a shallow 8- cup baking dish. Top it with cheese cubes and buttered bread crumbs.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes until the crumbs turns toasty golden and cheese gets completely melted.
8. Serve the celery au gratin hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2160 Calories from Fat 1378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g237.6%
Saturated Fat 30 g150.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.6 mg23.9%
Sodium 2833.9 mg118.1%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58%
Sugars 41.2 g
Protein 72 g143.8%
Vitamin A 154.1% Vitamin C 37.4%
Calcium 127.6% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet