Sprouts With Celery And Cream
|Brussels sprouts||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Trim the sprouts and cut a cross in the base of each.
2. Trim and wash the celery, cut into slices.
3. Bring the stock to the boil, add the vegetables and cook for about 8 minutes until just tender.
4. Drain the vegetables well (reserving the stock for a soup).
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the cream and seasonings.
6. Return the vegetables to the pan and toss.
7. Serve at once.