Tasty Creamed Celery
|Celery||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chicken soup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream/Table cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Silvered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
1) Cut all the vegetables as desired.
2) In a large frying pan, heat butter or margarine.
3) Stir-fry celery and green onions in butter for at least 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
4) Sprinkle flour over stir-fried vegetables and mix chicken broth.
5) Cook the broth until sauce thickens and let it boil for 1 minute.
6) Stir pepper in sauce with Worcestershire sauce and cream.
7) Heat through the sauce while stirring continuously.
8) In a serving bowl, spoon the creamed celery and garnish with toasted silvered almonds.