Tasty Creamed Celery
|Celery||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chicken soup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream/Table cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Silvered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
1) Cut all the vegetables as desired.
2) In a large frying pan, heat butter or margarine.
3) Stir-fry celery and green onions in butter for at least 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
4) Sprinkle flour over stir-fried vegetables and mix chicken broth.
5) Cook the broth until sauce thickens and let it boil for 1 minute.
6) Stir pepper in sauce with Worcestershire sauce and cream.
7) Heat through the sauce while stirring continuously.
8) In a serving bowl, spoon the creamed celery and garnish with toasted silvered almonds.
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g73.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.4 mg23.5%
Sodium 510.4 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet