Green Vegetable Medley
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen lima beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen french style green beans||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°.
2) Take a colander and place frozen peas in it.
3) Remove frost from the peas by pouring hot water over them and keep aside.
4) Take a saucepan and combine lima beans, green beans, and 1 cup salted water in it.
5) Bring this to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes after reducing heat.
6) Drain the mixture and keep aside.
7) Take a large skillet and heat butter in it.
8) Sauté onion in the butter until translucent.
9) Remove from heat after stirring in flour.
10) Add vegetables, sour cream, mayonnaise, and seasonings to this.
11) Take a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish and pour the mixture into it.
12) Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
13) Top with cheese and bake again for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
14) Serve hot.