|Chard||2 Pound, prepared for cooking|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1. Separate and roughly chop the chard stalks and leaves.
2. In a saucepan combine chard stalks with water and salt,
3. Cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. When the stalks are 3/4th cooked, add leaves and simmer covered for another 5-10 minutes until tender.
5. Drain water and add chard to serving dish.
6. Sprinkle pepper and add butter and toss well to coat.
7. Serve the chard warm.
Calories 65 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 486.1 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 187.4% Vitamin C 75.6%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet