|Chard||2 Pound, prepared for cooking|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1. Separate and roughly chop the chard stalks and leaves.
2. In a saucepan combine chard stalks with water and salt,
3. Cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. When the stalks are 3/4th cooked, add leaves and simmer covered for another 5-10 minutes until tender.
5. Drain water and add chard to serving dish.
6. Sprinkle pepper and add butter and toss well to coat.
7. Serve the chard warm.