Kidney And Celery Saute
|Lamb kidneys||1 Pound (450 g)|
|Lamb's kidneys||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Celery sticks||2 , washed and trimmed|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Brandy||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Beef stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Remove the skin from each kidney, cut them in half and snip out the cores, then halve the kidneys again. Slice the celery into 2.5 cm (1 inch) diagonal pieces.
2. Preheat a large browning dish to maximum according to the manufacturer's instructions, adding the oil and butter for the last 30 seconds. (Or put the oil and butter into a shallow ovenproof dish and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute until the butter is bubbling.)
3. Without removing the dish from the oven, place the kidney pieces in the hot oil, turning them quickly so that they are well coated. Microwave on HIGH for 2-4 minutes until cooked. Remove the kidney pieces from the dish and keep them warm.
4. Add the sliced celery to the cooking dish, cover the top with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the celery has softened.
5. Add the kidneys to the celery and stir in the brandy, if using, then microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Remove the dish from the oven and set the brandy alight, then, when the flame subsides, stir in the stock, garlic, salt and pepper. Microwave on HIGH for 4-5 minutes until boiling, stirring once during the cooking time. Garnish with parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1362 Calories from Fat 587
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.4%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.5%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 3454.2 mg1151.4%
Sodium 2251.9 mg93.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 155 g309.4%
Vitamin A 227.3% Vitamin C 227.5%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 290.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet