Souvlaki has become the quintessential Greek dish. You may prepare souvlaki with pork tenderloin, chicken breast, lamb, as well as pork shoulder. It is wonderful in a pita, or served with a side of rice, Greek salad, and tzatziki sauce. If you are planning to serve this dish, be sure to marinate the meat at least 24 hours before you start the barbecue.
1 Clove (5 gm), crushed
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1) Take a bowl, cut meat and put into it.
2) Take a small bowl add garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, lemon juice, and wine and mix well.
3) Pour this mixture over the meat, making sure that all of the meat is equally coated.
4) Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
5) Take skewer and skew the meat, about 4 to 5 pieces of meat per skewer.
6) Once you’ve placed the meat on the grill, fire up the barbecue.
Lower the heat to medium and allow the meat to cook,
turning the meat over after sometime.
7) Let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
If you are game for quintessential Greek dish, then souvlaki will really satisfy. This wonderful dish can be prepared with pork tenderloin, chicken breast, lamb, ors pork shoulder. You can also enjoy with a pita, or serve with a side of rice, Greek salad, and tzatziki sauce. If you are planning to serve this dish, be sure to marinate the meat at least 24 hours before you start the barbecue.
Traditional Greek Souvlaki Recipe Video, Grilled Vegetables On Skewers