Traditional Greek Souvlaki
|Pork tenderloin||4 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Take a bowl, cut meat and put into it.
2) Take a small bowl add garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, lemon juice, and wine and mix well.
3) Pour this mixture over the meat, making sure that all of the meat is equally coated.
4) Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
5) Take skewer and skew the meat, about 4 to 5 pieces of meat per skewer.
6) Once you’ve placed the meat on the grill, fire up the barbecue.
Lower the heat to medium and allow the meat to cook,
turning the meat over after sometime.
7) Let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
8) Serve it with rice and tzatziki sauce.
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 256
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 196.6 mg65.5%
Sodium 481.1 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 0.82 g0.27%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.95%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 63 g125.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.73%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet