Tzatziki is a popular Greek sauce that is often used as a dip with pita bread or enjoyed with various types of meat dishes such as souvlaki and gyros. It is best made with yogurt, but if you prefer not to use yogurt you may substitute it for sour cream. Some tzatziki recipes call for a bit of chopped dill or mint, but in this video Eva shows us how to prepare her version of this delicious sauce.
1 Can (10 oz)
2 Clove (10 gm), crushed
1⁄2 Medium, grated
1) Strain yogurt put it in freeze for 8 to 10 hours.
2) Grate cucumber, squeeze excess water.
3) In a medium sized bowl put strained yogurt. Add crushed garlic and grated cucumber.
4) Add olive oil, salt, and fresh lemon juice. Stir it well.
6) Garnish Tzatziki with an olive or a slice of lemon.
Tzatziki is a popular Greek sauce or dip that is best enjoyed with pita bread or different types of meat dishes like souvlaki or gyros. Eva Papayiannis tells you how to whomp up this Greek sauce at home using yogurt. However, if you aren't too fond of yogurt, you may substitute it for sour cream. Some tzatziki recipes call for a bit of chopped dill or mint, but in this video Eva shows us how to prepare her version of this delicious sauce.