Baklava is one of the most popular Greek desserts known around the world, but there are also many different ways of preparing this wonderful and decedent sweet. In this video recipe, Eva shows us how to prepare baklava rolls. The ingredients are the same as the traditional baklava recipe, but here the phyllo is rolled and cut into individual pieces.
2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
Zest of orange
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Orange or lemon
1) Pre heat oven 325 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, mix together the sugar, water, and honey. Add cloves, and cinnamon sticks and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for about 15-20 minutes.
3) Put lemon juice to help it stay nice and smooth after it cools down.
4) In a large bowl combine the almonds, sugar, breadcrumbs, orange zest, cognac, cinnamon and orange juice together and mix well.
5) Melt the butter either in the microwave or on the stovetop and set aside.
6) Remove the phyllo from the package and lay it flat on your countertop.
7) Cover the phyllo with a slightly damp cloth.
8) Brush sheets of phyllo with butter.
9) Put mixture on the top sheet of phyllo and make a roll. Cut it into pieces.
10) In a pan put rolls and grease it with some extra butter.
11) Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 325 degrees.
13) Pour sugar syrup on Baklava and Serve it hot.
Need a new dessert recipe for dinner tonight? Eva Papayiannis shares one of her favorite middle-eastern dessert recipe, baklava with us here. Decadent and truly irresistible, this traditional dessert recipe is a breeze to make, given you get the hang of it.