|Almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Zest of orange||1 Medium|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange or lemon||1⁄2 Medium|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Pre heat oven 325 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, mix together the sugar, water, and honey. Add cloves, and cinnamon sticks and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for about 15-20 minutes.
3) Put lemon juice to help it stay nice and smooth after it cools down.
4) In a large bowl combine the almonds, sugar, breadcrumbs, orange zest, cognac, cinnamon and orange juice together and mix well.
5) Melt the butter either in the microwave or on the stovetop and set aside.
6) Remove the phyllo from the package and lay it flat on your countertop.
7) Cover the phyllo with a slightly damp cloth.
8) Brush sheets of phyllo with butter.
9) Put mixture on the top sheet of phyllo and make a roll. Cut it into pieces.
10) In a pan put rolls and grease it with some extra butter.
11) Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 325 degrees.
13) Pour sugar syrup on Baklava and Serve it hot.