1) Clean the goat well.
2) Mix the salt, pepper and oregano together.
3) Use a knife to slit the meat and season it from the inside.
4) Truss the goat, securing it with appropriate equipment and strong wires.
5) Sew together any open cavities and season the meat well with salt, pepper and oregano mixture.
6) Mount the goat on the spitfire barbecue.
7) Cook well on all sides, rotating as required. The goat will take about 4 hours to cook.
8) Remove the meat from the bones and serve while still hot.