1. In a medium saucepan, add the water, sugar and cinnamon sticks, Boil for 5 minutes then lower the heat and simmer gently. Remove the cinnamon.
2. In another larger saucepan, over medium high heat, add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the coarse semolina and cook, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Cook the semolina in the oil until the grains begin to toast and turn a deep golden color.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and carefully add the hot syrup to the semolina mixture. The semolina is going to sizzle, bubble, and spatter so be careful not to burn yourself.
4. Stir in the walnuts and continue to cook until the semolina absorbs all the liquid.
5. Cover the pot tightly and set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
6. Let the dessert cool to room temperature and then serve.