Discover the best of all worlds in this "international" edition of the RV Cooking Show. Say "Tarpon Springs" and you really mean Greek...tour the town and take on a tasty Greek Salad with a chopped Twist...it's delicious!
Romaine heart head
1 Large, chop (into bite size peices)
1 Small, dice
1⁄2 Medium, chop (into bite size peices)
3 Medium, slice
10 Small, pitted
Salt and pepper
Feta cheese crumbles
For the greek vinaigrette
1 Clove (5 gm), mince
Squeezed lemon juice
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1. Wash and rinse the lettuce, chop the lettuce into bite size pieces, set aside in a large salad bowl.
2. Dice the tomato into small pieces, peel and cut the cucumbers into small chunk, slice the onions, mince the garlic and remove the stem of peperoncinis , set aside.
3. In a bowl combine garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and oregano in a pint size jelly jar.
4. Cover with the lid and shake vigorously to combine.
5. Add olive oil and cover with the lid and again shake vigorously to combine., taste and adjust the seasoning.
6. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, and peperoncinins, drizzle the vinaigrette dressing and toss everything well.
7. Warm the flat bread in the grill.
8. Once done transfer in serving plate and top it with feta cheese, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve the Greek Salad along with a flat bread.