As the name suggests a simple and quick Greek style meal! Loaded with herbs, this chicken is topped with a delicious yogurt based sauce, that is served chilled over the chicken! A unique recipe that is quick to prepare, and is great for a change at the table.
1 , boneless, skinless, sliced in strips
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 , juiced
Crushed red pepper flakes
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
Chopped fresh parsley
Greek yogurt/Sour cream
2 Tablespoon, juices squeezed out as much as possible
1 Clove (5 gm), grated
1) In a shallow dish soak the wooden skewers for 10-15 minutes.
2) Preheat and oil the griddle.
3) Slice up chicken breast and set aside. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, thyme, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper into a shallow dish and whisk together. Add in the sliced chicken breast and let marinate for 10 minutes.
4) While chicken is marinating combine all the tzatziki sauce ingredients into a bowl. Stir to combine and place in fridge until the chicken is ready to serve.
5) Skewer the chicken and place on the hot griddle over a medium-high heat. Cook on first side for 7 minutes or until browned and flip and cook for an additional 7 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
6) Take chicken off the griddle and place on a serving plate.