Greek Style Herbed Chicken Breast with Yogurt Sauce
|Chicken breast||1 , boneless, skinless, sliced in strips|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemons||2 , juiced|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Greek yogurt/Sour cream||6 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced cucumber||2 Tablespoon, juices squeezed out as much as possible|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), grated|
1) In a shallow dish soak the wooden skewers for 10-15 minutes.
2) Preheat and oil the griddle.
3) Slice up chicken breast and set aside. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, thyme, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper into a shallow dish and whisk together. Add in the sliced chicken breast and let marinate for 10 minutes.
4) While chicken is marinating combine all the tzatziki sauce ingredients into a bowl. Stir to combine and place in fridge until the chicken is ready to serve.
5) Skewer the chicken and place on the hot griddle over a medium-high heat. Cook on first side for 7 minutes or until browned and flip and cook for an additional 7 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
6) Take chicken off the griddle and place on a serving plate.
7) Serve with the tzatziki sauce!
Calories 1195 Calories from Fat 1020
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177.3%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg16.6%
Sodium 287.7 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 28 g55%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 129.3%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet