My name is Gladys Wang, a simple girl who loves to share her passion for cooking & food. By no means to be a pro, just sharing what I can & know.
Make your own yogurt at home is super easy, try it out!!!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 of the store bought cup used)
1. Preheat the oven to 140 F.
1. Heat a cast iron pot, warm the whole milk in it. (Do not boil the milk)
2. Once the milk is warm, gradually add the yogurt (store bought) into the warm milk, as shown in the video.
3. Using a spoon, mix the milk and yogurt evenly.
4. Once the oven is preheated, turn it off and after 10 minutes place the cast iron pot with the yogurt and the milk into the oven. Let it stand for about 6 - 8 hours for fermentation.
5. Serve as it is or with a dash of honey.
You may add half and half or heavy cream to the yogurt for a creamy texture.
Things You Will Need
1. Cast iron pot - for better fermentation process
This is the time to try some new yogurt. This Greek yogurt is very simple to make and integrates probiotics in the regular diet. This helps in proper digestion and increases the body's defense. See the recipe right away!!!