Easy Greek Lamb Wraps
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped finely|
|Lamb||1 Pound, chopped finely|
|Black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the wraps|
|Tomato sliced lengthwise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red onion slices||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cucumber slices||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cucumber sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Make small slits in the lamb and tuck the garlic slices in the slits. Don’t cut lamb all the way through
2. Combine the seasonings. Sprinkle lamb generously with seasonings on both sides.
3. Wrap the lamb tightly in plastic wrap.
4. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Overnight is best
5. Bring lamb to room temperature before cooking.
6. Broil the lamb on low for 6 minutes on one side.
7. Flip and broil for 6 minutes on the other side. Timing may vary as per cut of meat and desired degree of doneness.
8. Let lamb cool before slicing and slice into strips.
9. In a serving plate, place a flat bread and spread cucumber sauce. Top with lamb filling, tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers. Wrap it and serve with additional cucumber sauce for dipping.
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg16.6%
Sodium 809.1 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.5%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 33 g65.2%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet