Greek Orzo Salad With Feta And Shrimp
|Minced fresh dill/2 tablespoons dried dill weed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, peeled, deveined and steamed until pink|
|Orzo||1 Pound, cooked, rinsed, drained and tossed with 1 tablespoon olive oil|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe tomato||1 Large, diced|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Pitted olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced (Greek style, garlic or jalapeno stuffed)|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Scallions||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm), sliced (1 small bunch)|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||4 (for garnish)|
|Dill sprigs||4 (for garnish)|
1. In a large bowl mix the dressing ingredients.
2. Combine steamed shrimps and toss well.
3. In a large pot cook orzo.
4. Add the pasta and cook for 7 minutes till they are tender.
5. Remove the pasta and rinse them in cold water.
6. In the bowl add crumbled feta, parsley, olives, scallions, tomato and cooked orzo. Toss the ingredients well and adjust their seasonings.
7. Serve Greek Orzo Salad With Feta And Shrimp on lettuce leaves garnished with fresh dill.