|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Sesame tahini||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
1) The oven is heated.
2) The eggplants are pricked and kept aside. (so that they do explode when baked)
2) They can also be steamed in a pot contained water.
3) The pricked eggplants are placed on a cookie sheet and baked, till they turn soft.
4) They are cooled.
5) The skin is peeled and the flesh of the eggplants is scooped out and placed in the work bowl of a food processor.
6) The eggplant flesh is blended in the processor along with garlic, salt, cumin, tahini and lemon juice.
7) Blend till the desired smoothness is achieved.
8) The babaganoush is ready to be served (it can be served at room temperature. However, it can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks or even frozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1276 Calories from Fat 770
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.5%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2022.1 mg84.3%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34.1%
Dietary Fiber 40.4 g161.7%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 41 g81.2%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 104.8%
Calcium 37.7% Iron 62%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet