Greek Lemon Soup
|Rice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
1) Rinse the rice thoroughly several times with cold water to remove any loose starch; drain thoroughly.
2) In a saucepan, cook the chicken stock and rice for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the rice is very soft.
3) In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together.
4) Then gradually pour in 1 cup of the hot broth, stirring constantly.
5) Remove the chicken broth from heat, stir in the egg mixture and heat thoroughly.
6) Serve the Greek Lemon Soup piping hot in soup bowls.