Rhubarb Ambrosia Betty
|Rhubarb||5 Cup (80 tbs), cut in 1/2 pieces|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Orange||1 , peeled, seeds removed and cubed|
|Bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs) (1/2 Inch Size)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), flaked / shredded|
1. Preheat the oven to moderately hot, 375°F, 190°c, gas mark 5.
2. Grease a 8x8x2 inches pie pan.
3. In a bowl add the rhubarb, sugar, flour, salt, 2 cups bread cubes, 1/4 cup butter, 3/4 teaspoon orange rind and cubes and mix properly.
4. Put this mixture into the greased pan.
5. Mix the bread cubes, butter, orange rind and coconut together and sprinkle over top of the rhubarb.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until browned.
7. Take it out and rest it for 15 minutes.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature with your favourite ice cream or whipped cream.
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg13.4%
Sodium 247.2 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 63.3 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 36.6%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet